6. Tesla generated millions of volts of electricity during his experiments with high voltage and current in his Colorado Springs lab.
8. Tesla never got full credit for other inventions, and some people, like the creator of The Oatmeal comic are still really annoyed about that.
7. Tesla may have invented the wireless radio, not Marconi.
10. While Tesla now may be better known for his various eccentricities than for his genius, his contemporaries respected at one of the most important scientists of his time.
9. Tesla had a weird obsession with pigeons.
1. Tesla believed his eyes had changed color from a darker color to gray because his work required so much serious thought.
2. The U.S. government blew up Tesla's tower at his Long Island lab because they thought German spies were using it for espionage during World War I.
3. Mark Twain was friends with Tesla and the inventor once tried to help Twain with some problems he was having with constipation.
5. Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors, donated $1 million to help rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe lab.
4. Tesla was also buddies with John Muir, the famed environmentalist and founder of the Sierra Club.
Tesla had a weird aversion to pearls.
Tesla designed the first power plant in the United States back in 1895, harnessing the power of Niagara Falls.