World Class Wire & Cable, Waukesha, Wis., and its founder and president, Jim Lindenberg, had a big 2007, pulling inseven awards of various kinds — local, regional and national:
- Winner of the 2007 Top 10 Small Businesses presented by the Small Business Times.
- Winner for “Best of Wisconsin: Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year”.
- Winner for “Best of Lake Michigan Area: Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year”.
- Winner of the Waukesha County Executive Award for “Waukesha County Business of the Year”.
- World Class Wire and Cable was named one of the “Top 5,000 Businesses in the United States” by Inc. magazine.
- World Class Wire and Cable was named by Deloitte and Touche as one of the “Top 75 Businesses in Wisconsin”.
- World Class Wire & Cable was chosen as a “Mid-Market Growth” award recipient by The Business Journal.
Outside the wire business, Lindenberg realized another goal by opening World Class Health, Fitness and Sports Performance, Hartland, Wis., a 21,000-square-foot fitness facility offering sports performance and fitness training for adults.
Got an Item for Bulletin Board?
It's easy to have your company included in the pages of Electrical Wholesaling's Bulletin Board. It's as simple as submitting a description and photographs.
Some of the subjects covered in Bulletin Board include:
- Charitable Events/Donations
- Product Promotions
- Distributor Support/Training
- Ground Breakings
- Industry Awards/Recognitions
Send pertinent information to Doug Chandler, Executive Editor, 9800 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS 66212. Or you may e-mail information to [email protected]. All electronic photos should be in “jpg,” “tif” or “eps” format at no less than 300 dots per inch. Questions? Call (913) 967-1796.