The company said in the press release that it's committed to sustainability, and that the opening of the Dayton facility supports this commitment through various approaches. The building is on track to receive Green Globes Level One Certification. In addition, the new centrally located facility, coupled with existing West Coast and Southern Distribution centers will service customers more efficiently reducing freight and carbon emissions. The company said the new facility will allow shipment of products to most of the customer base within a two-day transit time.
Some of the Legrand products used in the construction of the facility include:
- Architectural and industrial lighting from Kenall, Finelite, OCL, and Pinnacle.
- Automated window shades from Legrand Commercial Shading
- Electrical wiring devices from Legrand's radiant Collection and Cablofil wire management
- Data room outfitted with Legrand Minkels technology
- Voice-data-video (VDV) equipment from Legrand's AV division, such as Middle Atlantic, Chief, Vaddio, Da-Lite, C2G